Jane：How do you like the idea of having a picnic this Saturday?
Michael：Wonderful. But 1?
Jane：What about going to the Western Hills?It's quite cool there.
Michael：That's a good idea. 2to go with us?
Jane：OK. And we can ask them to prepare some drinks.
Jane：You'd better buy some fruit，and sandwiches.
Jane：I like oranges，watermelons，grapes，and bananas.
Jane：How about 8 in the morning?We can get there in an hour and a half.
Michael：OK. I'll call John and tell him about our plan.
Dear Zhang Qiang，
All the best，
1. where shall we go / where shall we have the picnic
2. Shall we invite John and his girlfriend
3. What should I do then(for the picnic)
4. What kind of fruit should I buy(/ do you like)
5. When shall we start off / When shall we leave for the picnic
书面表达One possible version：
Dear Zhang Qiang，
How are you doing recently?I‘m planning to go to Shanghai and look around in the city for a few days. I’ll take the train and arrive at 8 o‘clock a.m. on October 21st. Will you please come and meet me at the station?I’m going to stay in Shanghai till October 24th. Please help me book a hotel room. I hope to stay in a hotel around the downtown area but the price shouldn‘t be very high. I don’t mind if the room is small. Another thing. Can you book a ticket for me back to Beijing on 24th?
All the best，
( )1. I don‘t know how to play bridge and ________.
A. my wife doesn‘t neither
B. my wife does either
C. neither does my wife
D. neither my wife does
( )2. He asked ________ since he had been chairman for seven years.
A. not to have been re-elected
B. to not be re-elected
C. not to be re-elected
D. to have not been re-elected
( )3. The guests said that they wouldn‘t mind _______.
A. to have a little light music
B. have a little light music
C. having a little light music
D. that they have a little light music
( )4. Last night we caught a thief _______ John‘s car.
A. when stealing
B. that be stole
C. to steal
( )5. Without the invention of writing， a man ________ to remember so many things which he can write down or find in a book.
A. is forced
B. will be forced
D. would be forced
( )6. What would you ________ to eat tonight?
( )7. I ________ my bicycle on the left side.
A. get off from
B. get down
C. get down from
D. get off
( )8. Coal ________ electricity very often.
A. is used to producing
B. is used to produce
C. used to produce
D. used to producing
( )9. Why can‘t you do this small _______ for me? I’ve helped you often enough in the past.
( )10. Never _______ till tomorrow what may be done today.
A. put on
B. put away
C. put off
D. put up
( )11. Mother kept inviting Mrs. Smith to stay for lunch， and finally she _______.
A. gave out
B. gave off
C. gave in
D. gave away
( )12. <<<>>> is ________ only European country I have visited.
( )13. The problem of pollution in this city is more serious than ______ in other cities.
( )14. Dick found himself walking _______ the direction of the post office.
( )15. _______ that we were late， we started to run.
B. To know
D. Being known
( )16. This room is _______ any of the others in the building.
A. the biggest than
B. big as
C. bigger than
D. the biggest of
( )17. Just think Ann got the house _______ all by herself!
B. be painted
C. to paint
( )18. The policeman caught the man _________ the arm.
( )19. To get an education， _______.
A. one must work hard
B. working hard is important
C. to work hard is necessary
D. it is needed to work hard
( )20. The old man could not decide ________ the money or to put it in the bank.
A. if he spent
B. whether to spend
C. that he spent
D. what to spend
( )21. I wish you‘d consider _______ to Miami with us this vacation.
B. that you‘ll go
C. to go
D. to going
( )22. I think I‘ll wait until the mail _______.
A. should come
B. is coming
D. will come
( )23. We found ________.
A. the work hard for doing
B. hard to do the work
C. it hard for doing the work
D. the work hard to do
( )24. Professor Bixby warned his students ________ late for the examination.
A. not be
B. to be not
C. not to be
D. be not
( )25. I don‘t know what I’d have done if I _______ to make that decision.
A. would have
B. had had
C. have had
D. did have
1.C 2.C 3.C 4.D 5.D 6.A 7.D 8.B 9.C 10.C
11.C 12.C 13.A 14.D 15.C 16.C 17.D 18.A 19.A 20.B
21.A 22.C 23.D 24.C 25.B
1. Allen _______ any good job since he came to New York City two years ago.
A. hasn't found B. didn‘t find
C. doesn't find D. hadn‘t found
2.“Let me _______ you，”said my boss，“you should call me immediately after you arrive at the airport.”
A. ask B. advise C. remember D. remind
3. The boys spent the whole morning _______ possible answers to the question.
A. discuss B. and discussing
C. discussing D. and discussed
4. This village ______ to be the place in which Ernest Hemingway，one of the greatest American writers，wrote this story.
A. is believing B. is believed
C. believes D. believe
5. It's reported that by the end of last month the sale of the company ______ by 10%.
A. has risen B. had been rising
C. had risen D. has been rising
6.-How _________ will you be able to finish the painting?
-In a couple of hours.
A. soon B. often
C. long D. fast
7. ______ any friends in the city，he felt quite lonely and helpless.
A. No to have B. No having
C. Not to have D. Not having
8. Dr. White was away to the South last month，so he didn't attend the meeting _______ in Beijing.
A. having held B. to hold
C. to be held D. held
9. _______ at his paper over the weekend，Neil didn't finish it.
A. As he worked hard
B. Hard as he worked
C. How he worked hard
D. How hard he worked
10.-Are you satisfied with her work，sir?
-Not at all. It couldn't be any _______.
A. better B. best
C. worse D. worst
11. That was _______ matter that I had no choice but to talk it over with my parents.
A. a such serious B. a so serious
C. such serious a D. so serious a
12. This disease is second only _______ heart attack as a cause of death all over the world.
A. to B. of
C. with D. from
13. The word is new to us. You'd better ______ in the dictionary.
A. look at it B. look for it
C. look it up D. look it out
14. If there is no one _______ him with the preparation，he will have to put off the meeting.
A. help B. to help
C. helps D. helped
15. As soon as she _______ open the letter，Mrs. White will find out what has happened to her husband.
A. tears B. is tearing
C. will tear D. has torn
16. ______ the government argees to give extra money，the theatre will have to be closed next month.
A. Unless B. If
C. Since D As
17. To reduce weight，plastic has taken _______ of iron and steel in making boats.
A. its place B. place
C. the place D. a place
18.-Let me help you with your suitcase.
A. You're very nice
B. Yes，you're so helpful
C. No，I can do
D. It's very kind of you
19. These three English novels are for you. The rest _______ for the other students in your class.
A. were B. is
C. are D. was
20. You _______ have seen Jane in her office last Friday;she's been out of town for two weeks.
A. couldn't B. mustn‘t
C. wouldn't D. shouldn‘t
21. Henry never said that he was good at maths，_______ he?
A. was B. did
C. didn't D. wasn‘t
22. The little girl showed the policeman the corner _______ she was knocked off her bike.
A. and B. which
C. that D. where
23. The snow was so deep that the climbers could not ________ to the camp.
A. get over B. get along
C. get through D. get around
24. In need of money，Bob had to take ______ job that was offered to him.
A. whatever B. no matter what
C. whichever D. no matter which
25. My friend and I would like to go to the concert，but ________ of us has got a ticket.
A. both B. none
C. neither D. all
1. A 2. D 3. C 4. B 5. C 6. A 7. D 8. D 9. B 10. C
11. D 12. A 13. C 14. B 15. A 16. A 17. C 18. D 19. C 20. A
21. B 22. D 23. C 24. A 25. B
I once went to a town in the north of England on business.
It was about 7：30 in the evening when I reached the hotel. The manageress，a strict old lady of about 60，showed me to my room. When I asked her what time dinner was，she said there was only one sitting at 6：30，and I had 1 it.
“Never mind，”I said.“I'm not very 2. I‘ll just have a drink in the bar(酒吧)and a sandwich.”
“Bar!”she 3her voice.“This is a respectable hotel，young man. If you want 4，you must go somewhere else.”She spoke 5a glass of beer was a dangerous drug.
I went to a bar and had some beer and sandwiches and then went to the cinema. At about 11：30 I 6. Everything was in darkness. I knocked at the door，but nothing happened. The 7sound was the church clock opposite，which suddenly struck the half-hour with such 8that it made me jump. 9a window opened upstairs. The old lady 10and asked me what was going on. I explained who I was and she let me 11after ten minutes'wait. She was in her nightdress. She told me seriously that guests were 12to be back in the hotel by 11 o‘clock.
I went to bed but could not sleep. Every quarter of an hour the church clock struck and at midnight the whole hotel shook with the noise. Just before dawn，I finally 13.
When I arrived at 14，everyone else had nearly 15and there was not enough coffee to go round.
“Did you 16well，young man?”the old lady asked.
“17，I don't think I could go through 18 night in that room，”I replied.“I hardly slept at all.”
“That's because you were 19 all night drinking!”she said angrily，putting 20 to the conversation.
1. A. had B. passed C. missed D. caught
2. A. hungry B. sleepy C. tired D. happy
3. A. lost B. lowered C. dropped D. raised
4. A. beer B. coffee C. milk D. tea
5. A. even if B. since C. although D. as if
6. A. went to bed B. walked to a club
C. returned to the hotel D. drove to a restaurant
7. A. only B. sharp C. sweet D. last
8. A. effort B. force C. power D. attraction
9. A. Firstly B. Wonderfully C. Unfortunately D. Finally
10. A. came out B. got up C. looked out D. woke up
11. A. down B. out C. back D. in
12. A. ordered B. expected C. taught D. encouraged
13. A. fell asleep B. went to bed C. got up D. gave in
14. A. a decision B. breakfast C. once D. the office
15. A. arrived B. done C. finished D. started
16. A. play B. sleep C. eat D. do
17. A. First of all B. Never mind C. To tell you the truth D. As a result
18. A. one B. another C. such D. any
19. A. away B. here C. down D. up
20. A. an end B. a saying C. a joke D. a pause
1. C 2. A 3. D 4. A 5. D 6. C 7. A 8. B 9. D 10. C
11. D 12. B 13. A 14. B 15. C 16. B 17. C 18. B 19. D 20. A
The common cold is familiar to everyone. People often catch cold in __1_ winter or spring. They may __2_ catch cold at other times __3_ the year. A person with __4_ bad cold usually buys some __5_ of medicine. Pharmacies have many __6_ for a cold. However， doctors __7_ that these medicines do not __8_ very much. They that __9_ person with a bad cold __10_ stay in bad， keep warm， and drink a lot of water.
In 1928 an English doctor was working in his laboratory in <<<>>> hospital. The doctor‘s name _11_ Alexander Fleming. One day he _12_ a tiny bit of mold (黴) _13_ a dish that he was _14_ in his work. He started _15_ throw the mold away. Then _16_ noticed that it seemed unusual. He _17_ the mold and studied _18_ for a long time. He _19_ that it could kill germs. He _20_ it penicillin.
( )1.A. a B. the C. some D. none
( )2.A. too B. also C. to D. still
( )3.A. at B. from C. of D. on
( )4.A. some B. a C. one D. the
( )5.A. kind B. set C. quantity D. deal
( )6.A. medicine B. much C. medicines D. doctors
( )7.A. tell B. speak C. talk D. say
( )8.A. helps B. help C. helping D. helped
( )9.A. many B. some C. a D. one
( )10.A. ought B. shall C. to D. should
( )11.A. is B. was C. called D. be
( )12.A. finding B. founded C. found D. finds
( )13.A. in B. among C. above D. into
( )14.A. playing B. using C. cooking D. making
( )15.A. to B. and C. but D. by
( )16.A. she B. Dr C. it D. he
( )17.A. kept B. keeps C. keep D. keeping
( )18.A. them B. mold C. it D. him
( )19.A. knew B. studied C. invented D. discovered
( )20.A. calls B. named C. made D. liked
1.B 2.B 3.C 4.B 5.A 6.C 7.D
8.B 9.C 10.D 11.B 12.C 13.A 14.B
15.A 16.D 17.A 18.C 19.D 20.B
Copyright 2019 ©, All Rights Reserved